Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Spring Lake Quilt Progress 1

I received The Spring Lake Quilt by Tilda Kit from A Patchwork Quilt and couldn't wait to get started on it.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been slowly putting this quilt together.  It took me just over 3 hours to cut all the fabric out - 96 x 4 1/2" squares and 240 x 2 1/2" squares.
















(4 1/2" squares)

















( 2 1/2" squares)



Once I cut all the squares I matched up the 2 1/2" squares and started to chain peice them together.

Then I ironed the seams, matched them up again and chain pieced again to get the 4 patch 4 1/2" squares - then back to the ironing board again. 

Once the 4 patches were sewn together I match the 4 1/2" squares to either side create the rectangular blocks, which I then matched up (according to the pattern) and sewed them together to make the large rectangular blocks. 

Below is a pic of all the blocks layed out before I start sewing them all together to make the finished quilt top.

 
I can't wait to finish this quilt.  It's been so much fun putting it together and I love Tilda Fabric.
 
 
Until next time - Happy Stitching & Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment